Red Lantern Journeys arranges cultural tours and adventure travel packages in Asia for small groups and independent travelers. Many packages are listed on our web site, but many of our guests customize their itineraries. Our tours include hotels, some meals, tours, private local guides, airport transfers, and transportation -- but with value-added services that you won't find anywhere else.
Employees of Red Lantern Journeys have ambitions…and we share some of them in executing our work. We work in this industry because we see travel as being positive for us as individuals and positive for the world in general by bringing disparate people together to create understanding and acceptance between cultures and nations and individuals. But, we understand that travel can have negative consequences as well. We want to be aware of those negative consequences, work to understand them, and educate our guests about them and how to mitigate them so that the overall result of an individual’s trip is positive for everyone involved. Our sincerest hope is that each of our guests returns home from their trip happy, fulfilled, and with a new perspective on their place in the world…and that those people who worked to make their trip happen or came in contact with them during their travel feel the same way!
The Red Lantern Advantage
Red Lantern Journeys provides a high-quality experience with excellent customer service. Your personal travel consultant will guide you through the process of planning, booking, and preparing you for your trip. We pride ourselves in having detailed knowledge of the destinations we serve and will provide you with the information you need to prepare for a trouble free and memorable experience. From the time that you book your journey with us until after you return, we will be here to serve you.
Value-added services in our packages include:
- US-based Personal Travel Consultant - An expert in your destination countries who will guide you through the process to arrange your trip and answer all of your questions.
- Local mobile phones or SIM cards (in most countries) - To make it easy for you to contact your guide, driver, or in-country client service rep, and for your family or friends back home to contact you.
- VIP arrival services at airports (where available) - No more waiting in long immigration lines.
- Visa-on-Arrival services (where available) - no need to mail your passport to an embassy for countries like Bhutan and Vietnam.
- In-country emergency hotlines - Help is there should you ever need it.
- In-country client services manager - To ensure your trip is running smoothly.
Read what some of our clients have told us: Traveler Feedback
Registered Seller of Travel in Washington State and California
Red Lantern Journeys is located in Seattle, Washington. We are incorporated in Washington State as a limited liability company, and do business under the trade name Red Lantern Journeys. We are a registered seller of travel in both Washington State, number 602422249, and California, number 2100207.
Accredited by IATAN
Red Lantern Journeys is accredited by the International Airlines Travel Agent Network (IATAN). Accreditation by IATAN means that we have met and must continue to meet a stringent set of business standards and that we are a member in good standing of the travel industry.
A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau
We're proud of this! View our company listing on the BBB website.
5 Star Reviews
Check out our reviews on the Adventure Travel web site and Yelp.
Member of the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA)
PATA is the most respected travel organization in Asia and supports development of sustainable and green tourism throughout the region. We are proud to support their efforts in sustainable and eco-friendly tourism.
Authenticated .travel Domain
Red Lantern Journeys is an authenticated owner of the www.redlantern.travel and www.redlanternjourneys.travel domain names by the .travel Registry. This seal, along with our .travel domain name, provides consumers with an extra level of confidence in knowing that we have been authenticated as a member of the travel industry by the .travel Registry in order to be eligible for .travel domain names.
We are based in Washington State, which is one of only a handful of states that require sellers of travel to be registered and follow strict guidelines for holding payments in trust accounts, truth in advertising, and handling refunds. When you book a trip through us, your payments are deposited directly into a trust account and those funds can only be used to pay for services directly related to your trip until your trip is completed. Visit Our Policies page to learn more about booking, payment, cancellation, and refund policies.
By partnering with local ground operators, transportation providers, and hotels, we can offer great rates and provide exceptional customer service when you're traveling to remote destinations. When booking a river cruise or train excursion on Orient Express, Victoria Cruises, Palace on Wheels you pay the same rates as you would by booking with them directly, but you get the added value of having us pay attention to the details of your bookings being there to help in case they cancel their departures. We can also book pre- and post-tour extension tours.
If an Asia-based travel agency goes out of business or fails to live up to its promises, you have no recourse to a refund or substitution of services. While their prices may look good, check to see if they have cancellation or refund policies posted on their web site—not many! No matter where you live or where you are traveling, we provide the same policies and high level of customer service.
Red Lantern Journeys helps you plan and book detailed, customized itineraries for your trip based on the style of travel and activities that you are interested in. Based on an interview with you, we will research, recommend, and reserve:
- Accommodation (hotels, resorts, lodges, guest houses, and spas)
- Local transportation (flights, airport transfers, cars, trains, and buses)
- Tours with personable and knowledgeable local, English-speaking guides
- Use of local mobile phones or SIM cards while you travel
- VIP arrival services at some airports
- Activities (such as tours, shows, meals, culinary classes, cruises, diving, rafting, golfing, trekking, elephant camps, rock climbing, meetings with renowned local experts and dignitaries, etc.)
- Visa Services - Either by mail through US-based or Canadian-based consulates, or on-arrival services for Bhutan and Vietnam.
- Trip insurance
Network of Local Agents Throughout Asia
We have carefully selected the best local ground operators and guides in each country to provide services for your trip. If you ever need help during your trip, an in-country client services manager will be there for you.