Highlights of Bangkok and Angkor Wat - 7 days/6 nights
Bangkok - Siem Reap
Explore the Grand Palace, the monasteries of Bangkok, and the ancient ruins of Ayutthaya. Then travel to Siem Reap to see the wonders of Angkor Wat and the surrounding ancient archaeological sites. Privately-guided tours of these sites will make this an experience you won't forget.
Privately-Guided! You'll have your own vehicle with a local guide and driver.
Choose Your Own Dates! This is not a fixed-departure-date tour. Just let us know the dates that work best for you.
Customizable! Need more time? Less time? Want to see or do something that isn't included? Just let us know, and we will arrange it for you.
Click here to read what our clients have told us after they return.
- Bangkok city tour
- The Grand Palace
- The ruins of Ayutthaya
- UNESCO World Heritage Site Angkor Wat
Day 1: Arrive Bangkok
Arrive at the Bangkok airport in the late evening where you'll be welcomed by our representative and transferred to your hotel. Overnight in Bangkok.
Day 2: Bangkok
Meet your guide at your hotel in the morning and set out on a private tour of the highlights of Bangkok. Visit the Grand Palace with the Emerald Buddha and Wat Po (Reclining Buddha). After a local lunch, take a boat ride through the Klongs (canals) with a visit to Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn). Overnight in Bangkok. (Breakfast, Lunch)
Day 3: Bangkok
After breakfast, meet your guide and drive to Ayutthaya, the ancient capital of Thailand, 1.5 hours from Bangkok. Tour the Bang Pa In (Summer Palace) and the ruins of this ancient city. Return to your boat and have lunch on board as you cruise back to Bangkok, a wonderful way to see the rural life along the river. Overnight in Bangkok. (Breakfast, Lunch)
Day 4: Bangkok to Siem Reap
In the morning, you will be transferred to the Bangkok airport for your flight to Siem Reap. Upon arrival, you will be welcomed and your guide will give you recommendations for lunch in Siem Reap town. Afternoon, visit Banteay Srei, a petite pink temple with elaborate and intricate carvings. Later see the 12th century temple of Banteay Samre. Finish by sunset at Pre Rup, a classic view of the Cambodian countryside. Overnight in Siem Reap. (Breakfast)
Day 5: Siem Reap
Rise early to view Ta Prohm in the dawn light. This temple has been abandoned to the elements and is known as the “jungle temple” for the tentacle-like roots slowly strangling the surviving stones. Continue to the giant pyramid of Takeo, one of the highest temples in the Angkor area. Afternoon, drive to Tonle Sap Lake and board a small wooden boat to Kompong Pluk. Visit a floating village, where houses stand atop stilts as much as seven meters above the water. Explore a local temple before boarding a small row boat through the flooded forest. Continue to Siem Reap by road. Overnight in Siem Reap. (Breakfast)
Day 6: Siem Reap
Take an early morning trip to Angkor Wat to beat the crowds and heat of the day. In the afternoon visit the highlights of Angkor Thom, including the enigmatic faces of the Bayon, Baphuon, the Terrace of the Elephants, and the Terrace of the Leper King. Overnight in Siem Reap. (Breakfast)
Day 7: Siem Reap to Bangkok for Departure
In the morning transfer to the Siem Reap airport for your flight to Bangkok where you'll connect to your return flight home. (Breakfast)
Per Person Rates (based on double occupancy):
start from $1950
Contact Us for advice on hotels and a quote based on your choice.
Please note that peak season supplements for stays over Christmas and New Years may apply.
- All airport transfers to and from your hotel in private car
- All tours and excursions as outlined in the itinerary
- All entrance fees
- All surface transportation as per the itinerary by an air conditioned car
- Hotel accommodation on double-occupancy basis including taxes and service fees
- Meals as specified in the itinerary
- Services of a private, English speaking guide for all visits and excursions.
- Flight from Bangkok to Siem Reap
Rates Do Not Include
- International airfare
- Visa fees
- Airport departure taxes
- Personal expenses
To Book This Tour
Please call us toll free at 1-877-362-2793 and let us know that you would like to book this tour. Then follow these instructions:
- Download, print, and fill out the Reservation Form for each person.
- Fax the form to us at 206-529-4803, or mail it to:
Red Lantern Journeys
1000 N. Northlake Way, Suite H
Seattle, WA 98103
- Pay a non-refundable $500 per person deposit and we will initiate your reservations.
- Final payment is due 75 days prior to departure.
If your reservation is made less than 75 days prior to departure, the non-refundable deposit will allow us to initiate reservations. Full payment will be due immediately upon confirmation of all hotels and transportation services. If the services quoted cannot be confirmed, alternate accommodation or transportation will be arranged and the price will be adjusted accordingly.
Payments can be made by personal check, bank wire transfer, or credit card. Upon receipt of your deposit, we will initiate your reservations and send you a statement showing your payment. Approximately 4 weeks prior to your departure, we will send you a final confirmation package containing your itinerary and detailed information on the logistics of your trip.
Forms to Download (pdf file)
Reservation Form with Complete Terms and Conditions
- Cancel more than 60 days prior to departure - forfeit your deposit.
- Cancel between 30 and 60 days prior to departure - forfeit 50% of the tour cost.
- Cancel less than 30 days prior to departure - NO REFUND of tour cost.
- Cancellations must be made in writing and sent via mail, fax, or email to Red Lantern Journeys.
- Refunds will be processed within 30 days of receipt of your written request.
- No refunds are available for unused services or tours during your trip.