Highlights of Nepal - 8 days/7 nights
Kathmandu - Chitwan - Kathmandu
Visit the highlights of Nepal including a tour through seven UNESCO World Heritage Sites in this 8 day tour. Get lost in Nepal's major temples, palaces, and stupas in the Kathmandu Valley, and take a two day trip to Chitwan National Park. Hop on an elephant's back and ride through thick jungles in search of the one-horned rhino and, hopefully, the elusive Bengal Tiger. The best months for this trip are September through May.
Privately-Guided! Whether you are a single person, a couple, or a group, you'll have your own guide and driver for all airport pickups, dropoffs, and daily excursions.
Choose Your Own Dates! This is not a fixed-departure-date tour. Just let us know the dates that work best for you and we will arrange everything.
Customizable! Need more time? Less time? Want to see or do something that isn't included? Just let us know, and we will arrange it for you and let you know the change in costs.
Click here to read what our clients have told us after they return.
- Bodhnath, the Stupa of a Million Dew-Drops
- Swayambunath (Monkey Temple)
- The architecture of Patan Durbar Square
- Elephant ride and jungle safari in Chitwan National Park
Day 1: Arrive Kathmandu
Arrive at the Kathmandu airport where you will be met by our representative and transferred to your hotel. Overnight in Kathmandu. (Dinner)
Day 2: Kathmandu
After breakfast, visit Bodhnath, the Stupa of a Million Dew-Drops. Watch monks and devotees circumambulate the stupa before heading out to see Pashupatinath, Nepal's most sacred Hindu temple and site of Hindu cremations. In the late morning, drive to Bhaktapur – the City of Devotees. Lunch will be at Bhaktapur. Drive back to Kathmandu in the afternoon. Overnight in Kathmandu. (Breakfast, Lunch)
Day 3: Chitwan
In the morning, drive through picturesque farmlands and villages to the lowlands of Nepal. The drive to Chitwan is approximately 6 hours. Upon arrival you will be transferred to your resort in Chitwan and briefed on the area and the exciting activities available during your stay in Chitwan. (All meals)
Day 4 and Day 5: Chitwan
Chitwan is the Heart of the Jungle. Situated 75 miles south-west of Kathmandu, it is home to the endangered Royal Bengal tiger and Greater One-horned rhinoceros. Chitwan is also Nepal's first national park, established in 1973 specifically with the objective of conserving the tiger population in the park.
During your safari in Chitwan, you can enjoy jungle activities such as an elephant ride, jungle drive, boating, and bird-watching where you can experience the park's wildlife, nature and people up close. All meals are included in Chitwan.
Day 6: Kathmandu
After breakfast, transfer to Bharatpur airport and fly back to Kathmandu. After transferring to your hotel, enjoy the remainder of the day free to relax, shop, or explore the city. (Breakfast)
Day 7: Kathmandu
After breakfast, visit the 5th century Buddhist temple of Swayambunath (Monkey Temple). Continue on to Patan Durbar Square for lunch. After lunch, tour the ancient Palace Square and surrounding temples. If time permits take a last afternoon stop to visit the Tibetan Refugee Center at Jawalakhel. Return to your hotel and attend a traditional Nepali dinner accompanied by a cultural program for a glimpse of colorful Nepal. (All Meals)
Day 8: Kathmandu
After Breakfast, transfer to the airport for final departure. (Breakfast)
Optional: morning mountain flight. This 1-hour flight takes you on a close-up view of Mount Everest, the world's highest peak at 8,848m, and also provides a superb view of many other Himalayan peaks.
Per Person Rates (based on double occupancy)
Contact Us for current rates.
- All airport transfers
- 4 nights at Kathmandu hotel on double-occupancy bed-and-breakfast basis
- 3 nights at Chitwan lodge on double-occupancy basis, all meals included
- All jungle activities in Chitwan
- Transportation: Kathmandu to Chitwan
- Airfare: Chitwan to Kathmandu
- All meals as indicated in the itinerary above
- Full day privately-guided sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley
Rates Do Not Include
- International airfare
- Meals not included in the itinerary above
- Airport departure tax
- Expenses of a personal nature
To Book This Tour
Please call us toll free at 1-877-362-2793 and let us know that you would like to book this tour. Then follow these instructions:
- Download, print, and fill out the Reservation Form for each person.
- Fax the form to us at 206-529-4803, or mail it to:
Red Lantern Journeys
1000 N. Northlake Way, Suite H
Seattle, WA 98103
- Pay a non-refundable $500 per person deposit and we will initiate your reservations.
- Final payment is due 75 days prior to departure.
If your reservation is made less than 75 days prior to departure, the non-refundable deposit will allow us to initiate reservations. Full payment will be due immediately upon confirmation of all hotels and transportation services. If the services quoted cannot be confirmed, alternate accommodation or transportation will be arranged and the price will be adjusted accordingly.
Payments can be made by personal check, bank wire transfer, or credit card. Upon receipt of your deposit, we will initiate your reservations and send you a statement showing your payment. Approximately 4 weeks prior to your departure, we will send you a final confirmation package containing your itinerary and detailed information on the logistics of your trip.
Forms to Download (pdf file)
Reservation Form with Complete Terms and Conditions
- Cancel more than 60 days prior to departure - forfeit your deposit.
- Cancel between 30 and 60 days prior to departure - forfeit 50% of the tour cost.
- Cancel less than 30 days prior to departure - NO REFUND of tour cost.
- Cancellations must be made in writing and sent via mail, fax, or email to Red Lantern Journeys.
- Refunds will be processed within 30 days of receipt of your written request.
- No refunds are available for unused services or tours during your trip.