Kathmandu City Stay - 5 days/4 nights
Experience the heart of Nepali culture in this 5 day tour that takes you to all the major temples, palaces, and stupas in the Kathmandu valley. There are seven UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the Kathmandu valley and this trip has you visiting all of them. The best months to undertake this trip are September through May.
Privately-Guided! Whether you are a single person, a couple, or a group, you'll have your own guide and driver for all airport pickups, dropoffs, and daily excursions.
Choose Your Own Dates! This is not a fixed-departure-date tour. Just let us know the dates that work best for you and we will arrange everything.
Customizable! Need more time? Less time? Want to see or do something that isn't included? Just let us know, and we will arrange it for you and let you know the change in costs.
Click here to read what our clients have told us after they return.
- Bodhnath, the Stupa of a Million Dew-Drops
- Swayambunath (Monkey Temple)
- The architecture of Patan Durbar Square
- Elephant ride and jungle safari in Chitwan National Park
Day 1: Arrive Kathmandu (4,400 ft.)
Arrive at the Kathmandu airport where you will be met by our representative and transferred to your hotel. Overnight in Kathmandu. (Dinner)
Day 2: Kathmandu (4,400 ft.)
After breakfast, visit Bodhnath, the Stupa of a Million Dew-Drops. Watch monks and devotees circumambulate the stupa before heading out to see Pashupatinath, Nepal's most sacred Hindu temple and site of Hindu cremations. Return to Thamel for lunch. After lunch, walk through the narrow alleys and colorful markets of Kathmandu to reach Kathmandu Durbar Square. See the Royal Palace of the ancient Kingdom of Kathmandu. Visit Kumari chowk where the Living Goddess “Kumari” resides, she can be seen at a balcony in the morning before 12:30pm or after 4pm. Return to your hotel in the late afternoon. Overnight in Kathmandu. (Breakfast and Lunch)
Day 3: Kathmandu (4,400 ft.)
In the morning, drive to a classic Newari village dating back to the 16th century. In the countryside village of Bungamati, the Newari people continue to live a communal life with their homes clustered together usually around sites of religious significance. Drive to the Patan Durbar Square complex for lunch followed by a tour of the ancient Palace Square and temples. Spend time exploring the Patan Museum and if time permits end your day with a visit to the Tibetan Refugee Center at Jawalakhel. Return to Kathmandu for a traditional Nepali dinner in a local home. Overnight in Kathmandu. (All meals)
Day 4: Kathmandu (4,400 ft.)
After breakfast, visit the 5th century Swayambunath (Monkey Temple). Drive to Bhaktapur and spend time exploring this “City of Devotees, which is one big museum of temples, palaces, and houses dating back several centuries. Drive back to Kathmandu in the evening and enjoy free time to explore the city on your own before attending a traditional Nepali dinner accompanied by a cultural program. Overnight in Kathmandu. (All Meals)
Day 5: Departure
After breakfast, enjoy free time at your own leisure until transfer to Tribhuvan International Airport for your final departure. (Breakfast).
Optional: morning mountain flight. This 1-hour flight takes you for a close-up view of Mount Everest, the world's highest peak at 8,848m, and of many other Himalayan peaks.
Per Person Rates (based on double occupancy) start from:
Single Supplement: $285
Contact Us for advice on hotels and a quote based on your choice.
- All airport transfers
- 4 nights in Kathmandu on double-occupancy bed-and-breakfast basis
- All meal as indicated in the itinerary
- 3 full days privately-guided sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley
Rates Do Not Include
- International airfare
- Meals not included in the itinerary
- Airport departure tax
- Expenses of a personal nature
To Book This Tour
Please call us toll free at 1-877-362-2793 and let us know that you would like to book this tour. Then follow these instructions:
- Download, print, and fill out the Reservation Form for each person.
- Fax the form to us at 206-529-4803, or mail it to:
Red Lantern Journeys
1000 N. Northlake Way, Suite H
Seattle, WA 98103
- Pay a non-refundable $500 per person deposit and we will initiate your reservations.
- Final payment is due 75 days prior to departure.
If your reservation is made less than 75 days prior to departure, the non-refundable deposit will allow us to initiate reservations. Full payment will be due immediately upon confirmation of all hotels and transportation services. If the services quoted cannot be confirmed, alternate accommodation or transportation will be arranged and the price will be adjusted accordingly.
Payments can be made by personal check, bank wire transfer, or credit card. Upon receipt of your deposit, we will initiate your reservations and send you a statement showing your payment. Approximately 4 weeks prior to your departure, we will send you a final confirmation package containing your itinerary and detailed information on the logistics of your trip.
Forms to Download (pdf file)
Reservation Form with Complete Terms and Conditions
- Cancel more than 60 days prior to departure - forfeit your deposit.
- Cancel between 30 and 60 days prior to departure - forfeit 50% of the tour cost.
- Cancel less than 30 days prior to departure - NO REFUND of tour cost.
- Cancellations must be made in writing and sent via mail, fax, or email to Red Lantern Journeys.
- Refunds will be processed within 30 days of receipt of your written request.
- No refunds are available for unused services or tours during your trip.