Nepal Explorer - 10 days/9 nights
Kathmandu - Pokhara - Chitwan - Kathmandu
See the highlights of Nepal from the culturally rich city of Kathmandu to the thick jungles of Chitwan. Take in views of the towering Himalaya, spot rare wildlife, and soak in Nepalese culture. This itinerary is designed for you to experience some of the most impressive yet diverse aspects of Nepal on privately guided tours.
Privately-Guided! Whether you are a single person, a couple, or a group, you'll have your own guide and driver for all airport pickups, drop offs, and daily excursions.
Choose Your Own Dates! This is not a fixed-departure-date tour. Just let us know the dates that work best for you and we will arrange everything.
Customizable! Need more time? Less time? Want to see or do something that isn't included? Just let us know, and we will arrange it for you and let you know the change in costs.
Click here to read what our clients have told us after they return.
- Monkey Temple and Durbar Square
- A boat ride on Phewa Lake with views of the Himalaya
- An elephant ride through the Chitwan Jungle
- The elusive Bengal Tigers and One-Horned Rhinos
- An optional flight for views of Mt. Everest
Day 1: Arrive Kathmandu
Arrive at the Kathmandu airport where you will be welcomed by our representative and transferred to your hotel. Overnight in Kathmandu. (Dinner)
Day 2: Kathmandu
After breakfast set out to tour Kathmandu. In the morning visit Bodhanath, the Stupa of a Million Dew-Drops and circumambulate the stupa with monks and devotees. Then visit Pashupatinath, Nepal's most sacred Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, the destroyer. Here, watch a Hindu cremation along the banks of the Bagmati River and then drive to Bhaktapur – the City of Devotees. Spend your afternoon exploring this ancient town that feels like one big museum with temples, palaces and houses dating back several centuries. Drive back to Kathmandu. Overnight in Kathmandu. (Breakfast, Lunch)
Day 3: Kathmandu to Pokhara
Take a half hour flight to Pokhara—a picturesque, lakeside town known for its magnificent views of the Central Himalaya. Enjoy a free day to relax and explore Pokhara’s quaint restaurants, shops, bookstores, and more. (Breakfast, Lunch)
Day 4: Pokhara
In the morning, take a short drive to the International Mountain Museum and have lunch. Spend the rest of the afternoon enjoying the many exhibits at the Museum or just relaxing in the museum's premises. Overnight in Pokhara. (Breakfast, Lunch)
Day 5: Pokhara to Chitwan
In the morning embark on a 6 hour drive to Chitwan. Upon arrival at you resort, you will be briefed on the area to learn about the National Park and the jungle activities available to you over your next couple of days. (All meals)
Day 6 and Day 7: Chitwan
Chitwan is the Heart of the Jungle. Situated 75 miles south-west of Kathmandu, it is home to the endangered Royal Bengal tiger and Greater One-horned Rhinoceros. Chitwan is also Nepal's first national park, established in 1973 specifically with the objective of conserving the tiger population in the park. During your safari in Chitwan, you will engage in jungle activities – elephant ride, jungle drive, boating, bird-watching, etc. – that will allow you to experience the park's wildlife, nature and people. (All meals)
Day 8: Chitwan to Kathmandu
Transfer to Bharatpur airport and take a short 25 minute flight back to Kathmandu. After transferring to your hotel, enjoy the rest of the day free to relax, shop, or explore the city on your own. In the evening enjoy dinner at a Nepali home. (All meals)
Day 9: Kathmandu
After breakfast, visit the 5th century Swayambunath or Monkey Temple with its characteristic Buddha eyes that keep a protective watch over the Kathmandu Valley. Then drive to the Patan Durbar Square complex for lunch, followed by a tour of the ancient Palace Square and temples. If time permits, end the day with a visit to the Tibetan Refugee Center at Jawalakhel. Return to hotel in the afternoon and have free time to relax until dinner. In the evening attend a traditional Nepali dinner accompanied by a cultural program. (All meals)
Day 10: Departure
Enjoy a free day to explore Kathmandu before your flight onward. Take an optional one-hour mountain flight that will bring you close up views of Mt. Everest and the surrounding Himalayan peaks. Transfer to the Tribhuvan International Airport for your final departure.
Per Person Rates (based on double occupancy)
Contact Us for current rates.
- All airport transfers
- 4 nights at Kathmandu hotel on double-occupancy bed-and-breakfast basis
- 2 nights at Pokhara hotel on double-occupancy bed-and-breakfast basis
- 3 nights at Chitwan lodge on double-occupancy basis. All meals are included.
- All jungle activities in Chitwan
- Transportation: Pokhara - Chitwan
- Airfare: Kathmandu-Pokhara and Chitwan - Kathmandu
- All meals as indicated in the itinerary above
- Full day privately-guided sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley and Pokhara Valley
Rates Do Not Include
- Meals not included in the itinerary above
- Airport departure tax
- Expenses of a personal nature
To Book This Tour
Please call us toll free at 1-877-362-2793 and let us know that you would like to book this tour. Then follow these instructions:
- Download, print, and fill out the Reservation Form for each person.
- Fax the form to us at 206-529-4803, or mail it to:
Red Lantern Journeys
1000 N. Northlake Way, Suite H
Seattle, WA 98103
- Pay a non-refundable $500 per person deposit and we will initiate your reservations.
- Final payment is due 75 days prior to departure.
If your reservation is made less than 75 days prior to departure, the non-refundable deposit will allow us to initiate reservations. Full payment will be due immediately upon confirmation of all hotels and transportation services. If the services quoted cannot be confirmed, alternate accommodation or transportation will be arranged and the price will be adjusted accordingly.
Payments can be made by personal check, bank wire transfer, or credit card. Upon receipt of your deposit, we will initiate your reservations and send you a statement showing your payment. Approximately 4 weeks prior to your departure, we will send you a final confirmation package containing your itinerary and detailed information on the logistics of your trip.
Forms to Download (pdf file)
Reservation Form with Complete Terms and Conditions
- Cancel more than 60 days prior to departure - forfeit your deposit.
- Cancel between 30 and 60 days prior to departure - forfeit 50% of the tour cost.
- Cancel less than 30 days prior to departure - NO REFUND of tour cost.
- Cancellations must be made in writing and sent via mail, fax, or email to Red Lantern Journeys.
- Refunds will be processed within 30 days of receipt of your written request.
- No refunds are available for unused services or tours during your trip.